Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stay Classy Sacramento!

I left California this morning as the sun was rising. It was probably before most of you awoke and it was definitely before I awoke (at 3:30am, I can be vertical, but I make no promises about being awake.) It has yet to hit me the immensity of who and what I've left behind and what I have ahead.

My travel to Philadelphia was uneventful and I droned through it like a zombie. It wasn't until I met my Seattle-based room mate at the hotel that I finally felt not so crazy for feeling (or not feeling) how I do. She is equally as excited and clueless about what awaits. We savored our last slices of pizza at a local pizza joint and have spent the last few hours on our phones and computers soaking up all the readily accessible technology we can while we have it.

How did I spend my last day at home in California?
Sitting on the floor against my stripped mattress in my bare room, doing my taxes while eating Eggo waffles and listening to techno music. In a few months, that might seem as foreign to me as Namibia seems to me right now.

Stay tuned. I will be in Namibia by Monday morning.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhaha techno and eggos. loser.
    jk i'm obsessed with you.
    i'm hitting refresh too.....

    ReplyDelete